Sunday, January 3, 2010

Hobby - Numismatics (Coins and Paper Notes)

I came to know this hobby around 9 months ago when I am investing in gold/silver. Initally, I kept only normal bullion coins.  After I come in contact with the proof version of those coins, I decided to start collecting those proof coins.  For me, I feel that this is a very interesting hobby and I must say, it feel good to have some real silver/gold in your hand.  To me, I treat coin collecting as a hobby as well as an investment.  The price of the coins will increased with the spot value of gold/silver.

I also keep some old paper notes of Singapore such as the bird series and orchid series.  It is quite interesting to see those old paper notes as it can trigger your memories of the past.

I normally get my coins and paper notes from the following source;-

1) ebay
2) Forum
3) Flea Market

I will post some picture of the coins and paper notes in my collection later.  Hope it will encourage more people to join this interesting hobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment